Thursday, May 18, 2006

GoPubMed

A colleague just pointed me to GoPubMed. This is a search engine over PubMed that organizes the returned results using GeneOntology, an ontology for molecular biology. GoPubMed takes the top abstracts from a standard keyword search, uses a soft alignment to find all the phrases in the results that have a node in GeneOntology, and then shows you the subset of GO that's induced by your query. The ontology subset lets you restrict your search in a sensible way, and get an idea of what's in documents that are fairly far down the ranked list. This looks like a nice service. It makes me wonder if we can do something similar with automatically-generated CS ontologies in Rexa.

5 Comments:

At 8:06 PM, Blogger Rafael said...

I just saw you product, it rocks! Congratulations on a very clever implementation.

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger malvers said...

Hi,

we could provide the technology which we use in GoPubMed (and MeSHPubmed.org).

Do not hesitate to contact me: Michael R. Alvers: malvers@transinsight.com


Best
Michael

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger adam said...

Hello I just entered before I have to leave to the airport, it's been very nice to meet you, if you want here is the site I told you about where I type some stuff and make good money (I work from home): here it is

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger adam said...

Hi, this is not so related to your page, but it is the site you asked me 1 month ago about the abs diet. I tried it, worked well. Well here is the site

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Ellie K said...

Hello! I found my way here via the University of California Irving's Machine Learning Repository hxxp://archive.ics.uci.edu/ml/. The Rexa logo is on the landing page.

I was wondering...What is the current status of Rexa? Your blog hasn't been updated since 2006, but the main Rexa search site is functional. It seemed like a promising project! Thank you.
- Ellie Kesselman

 

Post a Comment

<< Home